Oettinger 16V Gruppe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Owners and Enthusiasts of the Oettinger 16V Engine

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prototype manifold and other parts

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Prototype manifold and other parts Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:26 am

Jeremy

Hi guys,

Being inspired by the forum I have been busy designing a manifold for the oettinger head.

A plastic prototype should be ready very soon.

I also designed a cost effective version of the exhaust camshaft cover as I have been asked about these before.
Seems they get lost quite often.

Checkout my site;

www.rap-competition.nl

Hope I can contribute to the community and you can always contact me if you need something made.

2Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Vip16

Vip16

Very interesting!

And Great homepage, will looking forward... Wink

Your Group4 Golf project will be amazing,
I love those car's , wish you all the Best !!

kind regards from Austria
Rene

3Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:39 pm

RubensRoc

Jeremy wrote:Hi guys,
A plastic prototype should be ready very soon.

Looks very interesting! Do you have a section view showing the water paths of the manifold?

~Ruben

4Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 am

Jeremy

I will post more pics as soon as I get the plastic model.
The renderings you see on my site are not up to date, as I have moved the water connection from the middle underside to the side, similar to that of the original throttlebody manifold.

I'm quite lucky to get the chance to get a prototype "printed" in plastic first as this is much cheaper.
I came into contact with a guy that's starting up a business in industrial design and will be the first to get anything made in plastic.... great deal!

When I am happy with the fitment (carbs, itb's and clearance of distibutor and so on ) I will get an aluminium part made.
The manifold will be a welded piece to keep costs low, but may eventually be a cast piece depending on cost.

5Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:16 am

RubensRoc

Jeremy wrote:I will post more pics as soon as I get the plastic model.
The renderings you see on my site are not up to date, as I have moved the water connection from the middle underside to the side, similar to that of the original throttlebody manifold.

I'm quite lucky to get the chance to get a prototype "printed" in plastic first as this is much cheaper.
I came into contact with a guy that's starting up a business in industrial design and will be the first to get anything made in plastic.... great deal!

When I am happy with the fitment (carbs, itb's and clearance of distibutor and so on ) I will get an aluminium part made.
The manifold will be a welded piece to keep costs low, but may eventually be a cast piece depending on cost.

Which CAD software are you using for the design?

~Ruben

6Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy

Hi jeremy

well nice to see you are making an inlet manifold
but how are the regulation for the group 4 as last time you sounded like it had to be a period homologated manifold

however a plastic inlet manifold would be good to avoid heat soak on the inlet track from manifold as the alloy one will .
let us know how much you are looking for for the manifold and your slide throttles all together

I take it you having it made in rapid prototyping but last time I ve seen some the plastic parts are not good with water and heat they need a specific coating for this purpose

and well done for your new activity

Romain

7Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 pm

RubensRoc

Sounds like the plastic manifold will be the prototype for the metal manifold. Once Jeremy is sure of all the clearance requirements of the distributor, horns, etc., then a metal manifold can be made for actual running on the car.

~Ruben

8Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Jeremy

Yeah the plastic one was supposed to be a prototype, a friend of a friend got a new 3D printer thats fed by plastic pellets.

Long story short, it was a total cockup. But you live you learn.

Now devided into two different manifolds, one withe the slidethrottle feature, and a another with a weber pattern for use with carbs/itbs.

I will be very attentive of the water routing as I have been made aware that there are two distinctive oettinger casting, the second has beter water "pockets" in the head.

Ruben,to answer your previous question of which cad programme is used. I use Autocad, but my partner uses autocad, inventor and solidworks.

9Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:56 pm

RubensRoc

Jeremy wrote:
I will be very attentive of the water routing as I have been made aware that there are two distinctive oettinger casting, the second has beter water "pockets" in the head.

Ruben,to answer your previous question of which cad programme is used. I use Autocad, but my partner uses autocad, inventor and solidworks.

I design mechanical components using Pro-Engineer for a living (Aerospace). Let me know if I can help with the 3-D modeling. If you can convert your existing part model to "Step" or "Neutral", I can configure something for us.

~R

10Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Jeremy

It's taken a while but I'm almost there.
First two slide throttle manifolds ready.
The runner length can be made to suit each setup as required.
Trumpets have yet to be completed.

Prototype manifold and other parts Foto-ZQO8QL4D-G

Now started working on gasket sets for the head.
Till now can supply the correct exhaust manifold gaskets and all O-rings (but that's not too difficult to come by)
And custom made MLS head gaskets specifically for the ooettinger head on an EG blok in any thickness you rrequire (other materials also available)

11Prototype manifold and other parts Empty Re: Prototype manifold and other parts Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:40 am

Sirocco81S

Awesome work Jeremy!!! Shocked

It looks like this manifold would give you the option of mounting either carb or ITB, is that the case or would you need to specify one or the other when purchasing it?

I very much look forward to purchasing one of these when they become available.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you've put into this project!

Randy
75 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S

Last edited by Sirocco81S on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum