Oettinger 16V Gruppe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Owners and Enthusiasts of the Oettinger 16V Engine

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:51 pm

saddest6day66

Ruben forwarded me to this forum and suggested I put up a thread.. looking for a long block or parts to build a Oettinger 16v engine. I have a freshly painted shell with tons of rare VWMS, Oettinger, Zender, etc parts to go on it.. and ive decided i need to complete the project with a matching engine. I even have a Motogema valve cover for the oettinger 16v engine..

Please let me know if you have any information or are interested in selling a spare engine, I know some of you are hoarding multiples!! Twisted Evil

Thanks in advance!

-matt

2WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty Re: WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:05 pm

FlugGTI

Hey Matt, welcome!

What car is this going in? Pics!

3WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty Re: WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:01 am

saddest6day66

Thanks! I actually was after the green car you purchased (if i read correctly on here?), but wasn't able to sell my mk1 scirocco in time. Sad

Things also to mention. Car is a odd early 76 car and is an original Oceanic Bleu (very rare late 75/early 76 color)car. No swallow rear panel, but it has all of the other swallow bits. (smooth hood, diagonal doorcards,etc). I am trying to build the a little bit of a motorsports feel to it..

Here are a couple pics of the car after it was brought home from the paint shop. Still gather parts, things are off at the chromer's, powder coating a lot of bits myself (I work for Eastwood, so I get access to a large discount and our giant oven from time to time),etc. Also I sprinkled in a few parts I could find pics of that I have set aside to go on the car..

WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block DSC_0153
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Rabbit060
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Rabbit059
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Rabbit056
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Rabbit011-1
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Rabbit009-1
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block DSC_0445
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block DSC_0449
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block DSCF3660
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block DSCF1430
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block DSCF5069
WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Motogemaoettingervc

4WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty Re: WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:10 am

FlugGTI

That looks like a sick build...I love the cage!! The color is awesome too...someday I hope to get a gaggle of 75-78 Rabbits and Sciroccos together that are original colors.

Yes, I did buy that green swallowtail car...I have been in touch with the previous owner Kevin for something like 6 or 7 years. Some friends of mine saw his car at Waterwagens and told me they found an Oettinger 16V on standalone.

At the time, I was in the middle of my build with a lot of challenges I was facing, but the biggest one was where/how could I stuff an EFI fuel rail under the manifold.

Long story short, I kept in touch with him and he called me giving me first right of refusal...I didn't/don't really have a need for another Rabbit, but one of my buddy's has been looking for basically this exact car with all of the old school rare parts. So we worked out a deal where I'd pay for the car and keep it til he could pay for it...but since then he fell off the planet or died or something, because I can't get ahold of him. Oh well...

Anyways, this green car needs plenty of work...it isn't the smoking deal I thought it would be but it is definitly worth fixing. The driver's floor pan is pretty much toast, and I haven't even looked on the passenger side yet.

Floor pans are cheap, but I don't really have a place to tear this thing down to a shell and do it right....at least not right now...but those are my plans if I keep it.

I drove the car from WA state to Denver and it did it flawlessly (though loud and stinky)

5WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty Re: WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:38 am

saddest6day66

very cool! Well if you decide to sell off a engine/long block, etc., or hear of one for sale.. please keep me in the loop!

I'll stick around and lurk a bit to see what everyone has going on with their projects Cool

6WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty Re: WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy

Hi Matt
you might want to try this one
http://cgi.ebay.fr/moteur-boite-vw-golf-1-oettinger-145000km-1981-/150495578116?pt=JG_FR_Auto_Pi%C3%A8ces&hash=item230a3c4804
he is having a complete car which he is breaking he s got the complete engine still running let us know

7WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Empty Re: WTB/Seeking Engine/Long Block Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 am

saddest6day66

thanks for the heads up, unfortunately my friend in France lived too far away to be able to pick it up for me Sad

back to the drawing boards...

I have a lead on 2 engines, one of which is NOS and also a separate owner with 2 engines, both of which are race spec engines, high compression, very large cams, etc used on a "circle track" scirocco in the 80's... but convincing the owners to sell is the issue I am currently facing..

Thanks for the help thus far Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum