Oettinger 16V Gruppe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Owners and Enthusiasts of the Oettinger 16V Engine

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi All, new member with some parts Q and A

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hi All, new member with some parts Q and A Empty Hi All, new member with some parts Q and A Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Jeremy

Hi All,

Good to see an oettinger 16S forum, although I do think it remain quite intimate.

Let me introduce myself.

My Name is Jeremy Pot and I live just outside Amsterdam in the Netherlands (No Joke)
31 years old and well into my Volkswagens.
I work international as a Non destructive inspector, generally in the oil and gas business. Also an FIA qualified starting official at the GP track in Zandvoort, The Netherlands, as well as having an FIA driver lisence which has expired... but will be renewed.

At the moment busy with 2 projects an 89 2door syncro golf, and (what we are here for) a golf type17

My type 17 started out as a poor little 37kw LX, but has been 1,3ltr, 1.8 16v, G60 and at the moment 2.0 16V ABF powered. It's a track day only car although I have kept the car on retention should I ever want to make it road legal again.

BTW I'm not that good at computers (read posting images) as I more in the garage than behind a computer. is it [img/] photo website adres [:img/]

Anyhow, I am going to eject the ABF motors (I had one spare) and will rebuild the car according to group 4 spec which involves the oettinger 16S engine, cause there is now way in hell I would have gone for the group 2 8V setup. (although the rest of the boys do make about 180 HP) So obviously I want to make more than 200 HP.

The setup will be.

Own design (within hmologation) oettinger head (I have a new one Wink ) 1600 GTI "H" block, F3 dry sump etc...

I am in the process of ordering some new spark plug cables (part number(OE 602 013 01 as a pose to original OE 602 013 00) from oettinger at 145 euros a set... If any body else is interested... group buy?

I have also enquired about any other old stock they might have.

Unfortunatly the cannot supply distributor caps... (part number OE 602 00 05) were do you guys get replacement parts such as these from?

best regards,

Jeremy

FlugGTI

Hi Jeremy, Ruben should know...but I believe there's a saab or Alfa Romeo distributor cap that will work...I think there's a Bosch part number somewhere in my notes...I will look.

Welcome to the forum!

romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy

Welcome jeremy

For the distributor cap you can someone sell one on german
You can also cross reference it with a peugeot dizzie cap
I ll double check and give you the exact references
Regarding the HT lead there is cheaper alternative then the oettinger one
Looking forward to ear about your project
Romain

RubensRoc

FlugGTI wrote:Hi Jeremy, Ruben should know...but I believe there's a saab or Alfa Romeo distributor cap that will work...I think there's a Bosch part number somewhere in my notes...I will look.

Welcome to the forum!

I've got a few but there buried in the garage. They look like this one....

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=6880

I'll check the part number this weekend unless you or Romain can check your caps first.

~Ruben

RubensRoc

Welcome Jeremy! Do post pics when you have a chance.

~Ruben

romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy

Hi jeremy
The bosh ref for the dizzies cap is
1 235 522 259
Other wise you can fit a peugeot 205 GTI dizzies cap
Romain

Jeremy

Cool, thank you very much!
I think that I will continue this in the projects page.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Billb

Distributor cap also available in Beru Réf VK 258 or 0 330 920 158.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum