Oettinger 16V Gruppe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for Owners and Enthusiasts of the Oettinger 16V Engine

You are not connected. Please login or register

Golf type 17 Group 4

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Golf type 17 Group 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf type 17 Group 4 Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:19 am

RubensRoc

I remember seeing those 1.6L pistons for sale. I just can't remember if it was ebay or tuner shop. I'll do a searching tommorrow.

27Golf type 17 Group 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf type 17 Group 4 Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:40 am

Jeremy

Yeah, a set of 1600cc pistons, crank, rods, block...
on german e-bay I saw. Only problem is that the guy won't ship it, he says pickup within 7 days of auction closing. He's located in Austria and I am in Holland a good 10 hours drive, closer than Norway but I'm rock bottom at the minute anyway.

So I have revised my plan for the time being.
I will build up a 1800cc bottom end and run on carbs. The car won't be according to the homologation as the Rheila golf, but at least there are other classes into which I can enter and get my setup right.

Then I can take my time to build up a sweet 1600cc motor with the second head and bung it in there when I am ready.

28Golf type 17 Group 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf type 17 Group 4 Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 am

romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy

You could still go 1600 berg cup style with short stroke and bigger bore

Really high revs engine

For your 1600 built I saw for sale on the french forum an H block
The very same block oettinger used for their 1600E engine

29Golf type 17 Group 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf type 17 Group 4 Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:55 am

Jeremy

Romain, I think you misunderstand or I didn't say very clearly.

I already have a H block. been lying in the corner of my workshop for years... I knew it would be usefull, just never wanted to run 8V and always thought the oettinger stuff would be impossible to find but now I have 3 heads.

I keep on forgetting to write down the head serial numbers for you for that register that you mentioned, but one says like 1734 (no size mentioned) and the other 63xx 1.8/16V, the new casting I have obviously doesn't have any number but I will check the numbers and add it into the correct topic.

30Golf type 17 Group 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf type 17 Group 4 Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:56 am

romaingirardlamamy

romaingirardlamamy

What about having them made
I m having new forged pistons made
I know someone else who s after a set of 1.6 pistons that wouldn't cost that much

Will you stick with 136 mm rods ??

31Golf type 17 Group 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Golf type 17 Group 4 Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:30 am

Jeremy

Hey wow!! exactly!!

Custom 1600cc pistons, that will have to be the way to go.

I would gladly join in the buy but not for a while cause my budget is blown, looking towards June before I can buy anything again and hope to get at least one engine running before the end of the summer.

Romain, I'll send you PM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum